Welcome to San Dieguito Alliance!
Dear SDA Families & Friends,
The staff of SDA are thinking of you and we recognize that unsupervised time and stress are risk factors for teen substance use.
Handouts from SDA's Community Networking Luncheon
March 19, 2021:
View the San Dieguito Alliance Community Network Luncheon
San Dieguito Alliance for Drug Free Youth was organized 20 years ago by parents, educators, students and other community members to prevent or reduce the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs by the youth in the cities of Del Mar, Encinitas, Solana Beach and the communities of Carmel Valley in the city of San Diego, La Costa in the city of Carlsbad and the unincorporated areas of the county - Elfin Forest, Fairbanks Ranch and Rancho Santa Fe.
San Dieguito Alliance is a collaboration with schools, parents and youth organizations, city councils, law enforcement agencies, businesses, chambers, civic groups and the faith community, who are dedicated to creating a healthy community.
San Dieguito Alliance provides the following alcohol, tobacco, and drug education and prevention services:
San Dieguito Alliance provides five youth prevention programs:
- STUDY BUDDY, a program for high school teens to mentor and tutor an elementary student after school.
- Young Leaders in Healthcare, a high school campus club program that explores career opportunities and issues in the fields of medicine and public health, in partnership with Scripps Hospital, Encinitas.
- Teen Presenters, a program for high school seniors to visit elementary and middle schools to tell the students about their choice to have always been alcohol, tobacco and drug free.
- Project YO, a program for Latino teens to encourage their academic success, and to provide opportunities for community service, cultural enrichment activities and leadership trainings.
- San Dieguito Youth Partnership, a San Diego County Youth Leadership Project designed to strengthen the youth driven alcohol and other drug prevention efforts throughout the county.
- Start Smart Driving Safety Classes have been postponed for now due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope to make a decision about resuming the classes, based on public safety recommendations, later this semester.
- San Dieguito Alliance, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department and the San Dieguito Union High School District are reminding adults that providing teens with alcohol is against the law as is hosting underage drinking parties. Please call your local law enforcement office, if you see something suspicious! Be observant for any suspicious persons, activities or vehicles. You can help make a difference in the fight against crime! For Emergencies, call 9-1-1 and for Non Emergencies, call:
- (858) 565-5200 (San Diego County Sheriff's Department)
- (760) 931-2100 (Carlsbad Police Department)
- (858) 484-3154 (San Diego Police Department)
- Learn about the Social Host Laws, and other alcohol related laws that affect you and your teen.
- Use the parent teen driving contract.
- Consider a tracking program for your teen while they drive.
- Learn about the rise in OxyContin use by San Dieguito region teens.
- Encinitas and Solana Beach protect its citizens by adopting the Responsible Beverage Sales and Service ordinance requiring the owners, managers and employees of those establishments that sell or serve alcohol to be trained.
- Learn more about Energy Drinks that contain alcohol.
- Alcohol and Marijuana self assessment surveys are available online at www.e-chug.com and www.e-toke.com.
- Parents: sign up for current drug information and parenting tips newsletters at www.theantidrug.com and www.drugstory.org.