Welcome to San Dieguito Alliance!
View the San Dieguito Alliance Community Network Luncheon
San Dieguito Alliance for Drug Free Youth was organized 20 years ago by parents, educators, students and other community members to prevent or reduce the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs by the youth in the cities of Del Mar, Encinitas, Solana Beach and the communities of Carmel Valley in the city of San Diego, La Costa in the city of Carlsbad and the unincorporated areas of the county - Elfin Forest, Fairbanks Ranch and Rancho Santa Fe.
San Dieguito Alliance is a collaboration with schools, parents and youth organizations, city councils, law enforcement agencies, businesses, chambers, civic groups and the faith community, who are dedicated to creating a healthy community.
San Dieguito Alliance provides the following alcohol, tobacco, and drug education and prevention services:
San Dieguito Alliance provides five youth prevention programs:
- STUDY BUDDY, a program for high school teens to mentor and tutor an elementary student after school.
- Young Leaders in Healthcare, a high school campus club program that explores career opportunities and issues in the fields of medicine and public health, in partnership with Scripps Hospital, Encinitas.
- Teen Presenters, a program for high school seniors to visit elementary and middle schools to tell the students about their choice to have always been alcohol, tobacco and drug free.
- Project YO, a program for Latino teens to encourage their academic success, and to provide opportunities for community service, cultural enrichment activities and leadership trainings.
- San Dieguito Youth Partnership, a San Diego County Youth Leadership Project designed to strengthen the youth driven alcohol and other drug prevention efforts throughout the county.